Applying Professional Kanban
Time & Location
About the Event
Kanban is fast becoming the modern way to manage an organization’s delivery of customer value. In today’s always-on environment, you need a clear set of practices that don’t get in the way of your ability to continuously deliver but that provides enough structure to keep everyone aligned and focused. This two-day course will give you an in-depth introduction to improving your team’s effectiveness by applying Kanban flow principles.
This workshop provides an in-depth introduction on how to apply basic flow principles to software development processes. With an emphasis on practical application of concepts, this class includes several hands-on exercises that lead participants through the steps of how to setup, operate, and continuously improve a Kanban system. Attendees will learn the basic principles of flow and how to use those principles to make their process more efficient and more predictable.
This is a live-virtual-course (online) led by Julia Wester. In the workshop, students will use Zoom and Mural to learn how to bring flow and predictability to their product efforts.
After attending the course, learners will be able to:
- Explain the basic principles of flow
- Describe the value of WiP limits
- Create a visual board to manage your work
- Capture and interpret key flow metrics and analytics to find improvement opportunities
- Explain why flow should be focused on value delivery
- Define, build, operate and continuously improve a Kanban system
- Discuss how tooling impacts your implementation
Who Should Attend
The Applied Professional Kanban course is for anyone who wants to improve their ability to deliver value and be more effective. Typical attendee roles include business analysts, team members, team leads, agile coaches, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, project managers and product managers.
- Kanban theory, principles and practices
- Applying Kanban
- Workflow design and visualization
- How to operate a Kanban system
- How to get started
Validated Learning / Certification
After taking the course, you will have an opportunity to validate that you understand core Kanban topics. We will invite you to take an online certification assessment via ProKanban.org that evaluates your understanding and provides you with guidance on areas to improve.
- Participants in this class need to have read the Kanban Guide. No working knowledge of Kanban is required.
- In addition, you should ensure you can access Zoom and other online tools using the information provided in your welcome email. This will be sent out at least 1 weeks in advance of your class date.
Other Frequently Asked Questions:
What is included in the price?
The price includes the standard benefits for this class:
- course materials (in English)
- Up to 2 attempts at the ProKanban.org online certification test
The price also includes these special perks from 55 Degrees:
- a 1-hour remote coaching session with Julia Wester to help you integrate concepts into your context (at a mutually agreeable time following the course)
- 2 months free access to ActionableAgile Analytics Standalone (https://analytics.actionableagile.com)
- 20% discount on training from 55 Degrees for the next 12 months
- access to the 55 Degrees online slack community
What are the course hours?
The course start at 14:00 and finish at 17:00 each day. There will be short breaks during each session.
How and when do I pay?
After registration, you will immediately receive a booking confirmation via email. You can pay by credit card or invoice.
If you are taking this class as an employee of a company with an EU VAT number, please provide it during registration.
Where can I contact the trainer with further questions?
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early Bird10,000 kr+2,500 kr MOMS10,000 kr+2,500 kr MOMS00 kr
- General Admission11,500 kr+2,875 kr MOMS11,500 kr+2,875 kr MOMS00 kr