Tue, Mar 01|
Zoom & Mural
Applying Professional Scrum (APS)
Live, virtual workshop in sessions of 4.5 hrs over 3 days. Students work together as a team in a series of Sprints to solve complex problems, facing similar challenges that they face outside of class and learning how to use Scrum to address them.
Time & Location
Mar 01, 2022, 12:30 PM – Mar 03, 2022, 5:00 PM
Zoom & Mural
About the Event
In this course, students learn to apply Professional Scrum. They experience new, agile ways of working that enable teams to deliver more value, satisfy stakeholders and work better together. Students work together as a team in a series of Sprints to solve complex problems, facing similar challenges that they face outside of class and learning how to use Scrum to address them. These Sprints enable students to see the practical application of Scrum and to understand the value of an Agile mindset. Additionally, these Sprints expose common missteps and misunderstandings often seen while using Scrum, allowing students to develop an awareness of the associated symptoms and how to correct them. Students not only learn Scrum; they learn how to use Scrum well.
This class is taught both publicly and privately. In a public setting, individual students, or multiple colleagues from the same company, will join other students and benefit from diverse experiences.
This is a live-virtual-course (online) led by Julia Wester. There are 3 sessions of 4.5 hours across 3 consecutive days.
About the trainer
Julia Wester has used Kanban for more than 10 years, is passionate about flow, predictability, and probabilistic forecasting. She is the co-founder of 55 Degrees AB as well as acting product manager for their flagship product, ActionableAgile. Julia is also on the advisory board of ProKanban.org and a Professional Scrum Trainer and PSK course steward with Scrum.org. Follow Julia on twitter at @EverydayKanban.
During the course, learners will:
- Learn about Agility and how Scrum differs from traditional plan-driven work models
- Develop an Agile mindset by focusing on professionalism, experimentation, and outcomes
- Learn (or relearn) the fundamentals of Scrum and how to apply them correctly
- Develop an understanding of what it is like to use Scrum and if it is right for your team
- Learn how to be a great Scrum Team member, or how to support a great Scrum Team
- Leave the class with ways to identify common pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Students use a set of proven practices throughout the class that can be used to enhance their application of Scrum
- Leave with tools that help Identify first steps in applying Professional Scrum with your team
Who Should Attend
The Applying Professional Scrum course is the perfect introduction, reboot or refresher to Scrum. It is excellent training for organizations, teams, and individuals wanting to experience the benefits of Scrum, or for those interested in continuing their learning with more advanced training.
- Professionals who are part of a team that currently uses Scrum, but desire a refresher so that they get the most out of their use of Scrum.
- Professionals who are joining a team that currently uses Scrum.
- Professionals that don't use Scrum directly but want to learn how to work with colleagues that do use Scrum.
- Professionals that are investigating to see if Scrum makes sense for them and their colleagues.
- Professionals that are part of an organization that intends to use Scrum in the near future.
- Teams who are learning to use Scrum together in their organizations
The course also provides the foundational Scrum knowledge needed for those wishing to continue their education with role-focused (Scrum Master, Product Owner, Developer, Leader) training classes.
APS is not recommended for advanced Scrum professionals.
All participants completing the Applying Professional Scrum course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) assessment. The industry-recognized PSM I certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. APS class participants who attempt the PSM I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
Take the open assessment for free at any time to gauge your current level of knowledge!
You are also entitled to a discount on the PSM II assessment once passing PSM I.
Other Frequently Asked Questions:
What is included in the price?
The price includes the standard benefits for this class:
- course materials (in English)
The price also includes these special perks from 55 Degrees:
- 2 months free access to ActionableAgile Analytics Standalone (https://analytics.actionableagile.com)
- 20% discount on training from 55 Degrees for the next 12 months
- access to Alumni virtual Q&A sessions
- membership to the 55 Degrees online slack community
What are the course hours?
The course starts at 12:30 and finishes at 17:00 CET each day. There will be frequent breaks during each session.
How should I prepare for the course?
In addition, you should ensure you can access Zoom and other online tools using the information provided in your welcome email. This will be sent out at least 2 weeks in advance of your class date.
How and when do I pay?
After registration, you will immediately receive a booking confirmation via email. As soon as possible afterwards, we will email a Stripe invoice to the billing contact to pay by credit card. Please note that payment must be received before the course starts.
Where can I contact the trainer with further questions?
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ticket type
All prices are excluding VAT. If you are purchasing through an EU or UK business, please provide a valid VAT number so we can apply reverse VAT.PriceSEK 12,500.00