Measuring What Matters: Building Your Metrics Portfolio
Time & Location
About the Event
There's a famous quote by Eli Goldratt that says "Tell me how you measure me and I'll tell you how I'll behave." He knew that metrics drive behavior. When you measure something it tells people you value it and they behave in ways to optimize for that metric. So, measuring the right things is extremely important. More often than we'd like, the problems we see in our workplaces can be traced back to metrics and incentives.
Attendees learn about safely using metrics through group and individual activities, a small bit of lecture, and group discussions. They leave with artifacts that they can use in their organizations to continue their work in building a robust and relevant metrics portfolio.
Attendees will be able to:
- Use the ODIM process to choose metrics based on desired outcomes
- Identify intended and unintended behaviors that chosen metrics might incentivize
- Create a well-balanced metrics portfolio to monitor organizational health
This workshop will be split into the following parts with several hands-on exercises throughout.
- The Psychology of Metrics
- Why metrics influence behaviors
- Vanity Metrics - are they evil?
- Anticipating intended and unintended impacts of a metric
- Mapping metrics to outcomes with ODIM
- Building balanced dashboards by measuring things in tension
- Lean Coffee format Q&A / Discussion
Additional topics may be introduced if deemed appropriate during the class.
Other Key Information
- Certification: Attendees get a certificate of completion
- Language: English
- Payment Method: Invoice (contact us if you require an alternate method)
In addition to a whole day of awesome learning, you also get:
- Access to the 55 Degrees Newsletter & Slack channel
- A 20% discount on future courses
- Early Bird3,000 kr3,000 kr00 kr
- General Admission4,995 kr4,995 kr00 kr