Professional Scrum with Kanban (PSK)
Time & Location
About the Event
Professional Scrum with Kanban (PSK) is a course that teaches Scrum practitioners how to apply Kanban practices to their work. Through theory, case studies, and hands-on exercises, participants will understand the importance of transparency and flow as it pertains to the Scrum framework. Scrum Teams keep improving how they work, based on what they learn by inspecting and adapting on an ongoing basis and using powerful flow-based metrics.
The Professional Scrum with Kanban course is meant for all experienced Scrum Practitioners, with an emphasis on Scrum Masters looking to add Flow techniques to their toolbox.
About the trainer
Julia Wester has used Kanban for more than 10 years, is passionate about flow, predictability, and probabilistic forecasting. She is the co-founder of 55 Degrees AB as well as acting product manager for their flagship product, ActionableAgile. Julia is also on the advisory board of ProKanban.org and a Professional Scrum Trainer with Scrum.org. She has just started a multi-year role as one of 2 course stewards for their Professional Scrum with Kanban class. Follow Julia on twitter at @EverydayKanban.
What You Will Learn
In this class, students will learn how Scrum Teams can introduce additional practices from Kanban without changing the core Scrum framework. We will explore in detail how the Scrum Events, Roles, Artifacts, and other framework components are potentially impacted by a move to a more flow-based process. The overall result will better effectiveness, efficiency, and predictability of your Scrum teams.
Who Should Attend
The Professional Scrum with Kanban course is for anyone doing Scrum. It is particularly beneficial for those people within an organization who use Scrum to deliver products to market including Product Owners, Development Team Members, and Scrum Masters.
- Gain a clear understanding of how flow works within the context of Scrum
- Be introduced to Kanban practices that Scrum Teams can adopt to help improve their effectiveness and efficiency
- Understand how to effectively use the appropriate Kanban practices without changing
- Learn a practical approach to improving transparency and visibility of work
- Dispelling Common Myths
- Understanding Professional Scrum
- Kanban Theory, Principles and Practices
- Kanban in Practice
- Scrum with Kanban
Professional Scrum with Kanban Certification
All participants completing the Professional Scrum with Kanban course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum with Kanban I (PSK I) assessment. The industry-recognized PSK I certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. If you attempt the PSK I assessment within 14 days of receiving the password and do not score at least 85%, you will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost. You can also reach out to your trainer, Julia, for additional study tips.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is included in the price?
The price includes the standard Scrum.org benefits for the PSK:
- course materials and supplementary e-books (in English)
- the opportunity to take the PSK assessment and get certification following the course (Note that you do not pay any additional certification fees and your certification never expires.)
The price also includes these special perks from 55 Degrees:
- a 1-hour remote coaching session with PSK course steward, Julia Wester, to help you integrate concepts into your context (at a mutually agreeable time following the course)
- 2 months free access to ActionableAgile Analytics Standalone (https://analytics.actionableagile.com)
- 20% discount on training from 55 Degrees for the next 12 months
- membership to the 55 Degrees online slack community
All prices are excluding Swedish MOMS (taxes)
What are the course hours?
Courses start at 09:00 and finish at 16:30 each day across two days. Each day there will a long lunch period and a couple of short breaks.
How should I prepare for the course?
We advise you to read the Scrum Guide & the Kanban Guide for Scrum Teams. In addition, you should ensure you can access Zoom and other online tools using the information provided in your welcome email. This will be sent out at least 2 weeks in advance of your class date.
I'm not sure if I have enough experience to take the course. What should I do?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will advise you.
How and when do I pay?
After registration, you will immediately receive a booking confirmation via email. Payment is made via invoice which will be sent out before the course starts. If you need to pay by credit card, please let us know.
Can I claim PMI PDU credits for attending the course?
Yes. You can claim 14 PDU's for attending a course. Learn how to do this.
Where can I contact the trainer with further questions?
You can email us at email@example.com
- Early Bird10,000 kr+2,500 kr MOMS10,000 kr+2,500 kr MOMS00 kr
- General Admission11,500 kr+2,875 kr MOMS11,500 kr+2,875 kr MOMS00 kr