Professional Scrum with Kanban (PSK)
Time & Location
About the Event
Professional Scrum with Kanban (PSK) is a course that teaches Scrum practitioners how to apply Kanban practices to their work. Through theory, case studies, and hands-on exercises, participants will understand the importance of transparency and flow as it pertains to the Scrum framework. Scrum Teams keep improving how they work, based on what they learn by inspecting and adapting on an ongoing basis and using powerful flow-based metrics.
The Professional Scrum with Kanban course is meant for all experienced Scrum Practitioners, with an emphasis on Scrum Masters looking to add Flow techniques to their toolbox.
This class was originally scheduled for May and has been delayed due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and converted to a Live Virtual Class.
About the trainer
Julia Wester is @EverydayKanban on twitter and writes the EverydayKanban.com blog when she has time. Julia has used Kanban for 10 years, is passionate about flow, and has plenty of experience integrating Kanban with Scrum. She joined the Professional Scrum Trainer community in 2019, the same year she moved to Sweden! She currently runs a software and consulting firm, 55 Degrees AB and acts as product manager for their flagship product, ActionableAgile.
What You Will Learn
In this class, students will learn how Scrum Teams can introduce additional practices from Kanban without changing the core Scrum framework. We will explore in detail how the Scrum Events, Roles, Artifacts, and other framework components are potentially impacted by a move to a more flow-based process. The overall result will better effectiveness, efficiency, and predictability of your Scrum teams.
Who Should Attend
The Professional Scrum with Kanban course is for anyone doing Scrum. It is particularly beneficial for those people within an organization who use Scrum to deliver products to market including Product Owners, Development Team Members, and Scrum Masters.
- Gain a clear understanding of how flow works within the context of Scrum
- Be introduced to Kanban practices that Scrum Teams can adopt to help improve their effectiveness and efficiency
- Understand how to effectively use the appropriate Kanban practices without changing
- Learn a practical approach to improving transparency and visibility of work
- Dispelling Common Myths
- Understanding Professional Scrum
- Kanban Theory, Principles and Practices
- Kanban in Practice
- Scrum with Kanban
Professional Scrum with Kanban Certification:
All participants completing the Professional Scrum with Kanban course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum with Kanban I (PSK I) assessment. The industry-recognized PSK I certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. If you attempt the PSK I assessment within 14 days of receiving the password and do not score at least 85%, you will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost. You can also reach out to your trainer, Julia, for additional study tips.
Other Frequently Asked Questions:
What is included in the price?
The price includes the standard Scrum.org benefits for the PSK:
- course materials and supplementary e-books (in English)
- the opportunity to take the PSK assessment and get certification following the course (Note that you do not pay any additional certification fees and your certification never expires.)
The price also includes these special perks from 55 Degrees:
- a 1-hour remote coaching session with Julia Wester to help you integrate concepts into your context (at a mutually agreeable time following the course)
- 2 months free access to ActionableAgile Analytics Standalone (https://analytics.actionableagile.com)
- 20% discount on training from 55 Degrees for the next 12 months
- membership to the 55 Degrees online slack community
What are the course hours?
Courses start at 13:00 and finish at 16:30 each day across 4 days. There will be short breaks during each session.
How should I prepare for the course?
We advise you to read the Scrum Guide & the Kanban Guide for Scrum Teams. In addition, you should ensure you can access Zoom and other online tools using the information provided in your welcome email. This will be sent out at least 2 weeks in advance of your class date.
I'm not sure if I have enough experience to take the course. What should I do?
Email us at email@example.com and we will advise you.
How and when do I pay?
After registration, you will immediately receive a booking confirmation via email. Payment is made via invoice which will be sent out before the course starts. If you need to pay by credit card, please let us know.
Can I claim PMI PDU credits for attending the course?
Yes. You can claim 14 PDU's for attending a course. Learn how to do this.
Where can I contact the trainer with further questions?
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early Bird10,000 kr+2,500 kr moms10,000 kr+2,500 kr moms00 kr
- Standard11,500 kr+2,875 kr moms11,500 kr+2,875 kr moms00 kr