Time & Location
Dec 05, 2019, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Hilton Munich Park, Am Tucherpark 7, 80538 München, Germany
About the Event
This is a one-day workshop during DevOpsCon Munich 2019
Leading change in the 21st century? You need a 21st century engagement model:
- Based not on the imposition of prescribed solutions but around authentic agreement on outcomes
- Not linear and plan-based, but emergent, humane, and complexity-conscious
- Not just one-off projects, but the beginning of new conversations and new kinds of conversation
- Not proprietary, but open and framework-agnostic – built by and for a welcoming community of experienced practitioners working at the intersection of Lean, Agile, organisation development (OD), and strategy deployment
This Core workshop provides a quick, single-day pass through the Agendashift engagement model. Public workshops are focused primarily on skills.
Who should attend?
The core workshop is aimed at coaches, consultants, and managers wishing to practice a range of outcome-centric facilitation techniques and develop some awareness of the continuous transformation process.
- Practice in a range of outcome-oriented facilitation techniques
- Recognition of the role of outcome orientation in the modern organisation
- Understanding of the integration of techniques and concepts from Lean-Agile, Kanban, Clean Language, Cynefin, Lean Startup, and A3
Important note: Not every exercise can be covered in depth in a single day, and your facilitator will prioritise according to need. The Mapping exercises are considered optional, and Mapping may sacrificed in its entirety in favour of the Changeban game or to allow more time for Discovery. Typically, 1-day workshops do not include Operation (chapter 5 of the book) and it is omitted below.
1.Discovery: Describing where we'd like to get to
Exploring organisational context, objectives, obstacles, and outcomes using these exercises:
2. Exploration: Prospecting for opportunities
The opportunity to practice skills acquired in Discovery, using for raw material an analysis of the Agendashift delivery assessment (an online survey distributed in advance as prework):
3. Mapping: Building a visual transformation plan
Typically just one of these mapping exercises, organising the outputs of Exploration:
Option approach mapping*, Option visibility mapping**, Pathway mapping
*Not its real name **Previously known as Reverse Wardley mapping
4.Elaboration: Framing actions, testing our thinking
An introduction to hypothesis-based change: